Create Curved Photos
Computer Scrapbooking Tutorial
by Cammy Plummer, Creative Team Member
1. Download action of your choice. There are many good sites for interesting actions. Check out:
Atomic Cupcake - www.atomiccupcake.com
PanosFX - www.panosfx.com
Traci Murphy Designs - www.tracimurphydesigns.com
The one that I will be demonstrating comes from PanosFX. It is an action that adds a border to your photos, bends the edges, and adds a drop shadow.
2. Unzip the download. Make sure that Phoshop is closed.
3. With Photoshop Elements 5.0, the only files you need are the files ending with .atn. You may delete the .psd files. Move the .atn files to the following folder:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\5.0\Photo Creations\Special Effects
In the Special Effects folder, create a new folder called Panoxfx. Place the files in this new folder.
*Note: If you placed PSE 5.0 into a different location, the path may differ slightly. Also, ensure that you have the SHOW HIDDEN FILES option selected in FOLDER OPTIONS.
4. To use the action, select a photo and start PSE. The program will automatically refresh the actions to include your new download.
5. Make sure your palette bin is open (Window > Palette Bin).
6. Click Artwork and Effects, then Special Effects. Select Pansfx from the drop down menu. With this action there are two options Bbconcave (a concave photo will result) or Bbconvex (convex photo). Choose one.
7. Drag the Image and Shadow layers to your layout. To select both layers, click the name of the layer in the Layers Palette, hold down the shift key, and then click the second layer.
If you are inspired by today's tutorial or have a question, share your thoughts!
Note paper: Linda Gil Billdal, Stationeries Revamped, ScrapArtist; Meredith Fenwick, Holiday Punch
and Pieces of Me: Sentimental, Scrapbook Graphics
Ribbon: Natalie Braxton, Perfectly Pinned, The Lilypad
Date Stamp: Karen Hunt, It’s A Date, Scrapbook-Bytes
Actions: Traci Murphy, Drop Shadows, Traci Murphy Designs; Border & Bending, Panos Efstathiadis,
PanosFX; BriAnna Shultz, Sponge Paint, Chipboard, and Rubon, Atomic Cupcake
Fonts: Abuse Lite; SP Wonderful Wendy