Wednesday, September 19, 2007

An Amazing Solution for When You Have No Photos For Your Project

Announcement: Hybrid Charm Swap
Wanted: Crafty scrappers to join the Hybrid Charm Swap which can be used on layouts, for a bracelet, or a necklace. Please sign up on the Scrapbook Dimensions Magazine Forum by clicking here. Deadline for sign-ups is September 25th. Continue to SDM Forum.


No Photo Layout - Perfect for

a Book of Me Page

Digital Scrapbooking Tutorial

by Amy Duquette, Creative Team Member

I have had a lot of people tell me that they are unsure about creating a Book of Me album because they do not have any photos of themselves or there are no photos that they necessarily like. There are many ways around this dilemma and if you look below you will see a layout that I created for my own Book of Me album and I used no photos.


By placing certain elements in certain areas of your layout you can achieve the same effect that a photo would.
  • I used the larger "Me" in the center and
  • placed my word strips and sentences around that to make it my focal point.
  • I could easily replace the word "Me" with a photo and not have to change any other element in the layout in order to keep the same mood of my layout.

So get creative and do not be afraid to try new things!

Credits: Background paper & scallop paper - Digi-Mac Designs
blank journal blocks, hearts - Miss Mint Foxy Lady kit
"Me" word art - Tina Chambers
Fonts Used - Supafly, Rub This, You are Loved

If you feel inspired by Amy's Tutorial, please be most kind and let her know! Thanks!!


No comments: