Letting the Words Speak for Themselves
Digital Scrapboking Tutorial
by Julie Ann Shahin, Creative Team Member
Background papers: Warmth by the Fire by Jen Wilson Designs
Bird Brush: A Little Birdie Told Me Jen Wilson Designs
Swirl doodles: Anne Dejong
Star: Christine Smith
Stitches: Gina Miller
Sequin: Dianne Rigdon Simply Marvy Elements
Fonts: The King & Queen; Astonished
1. Open your software program and two paper choices. Layer one paper over the other allowing the bottom layer to show about 1/4" at the top and bottom.
2. Type in your quote using the text tool. Type the second line and then rotate that layer 90 degrees. Type in the third line and rotate that layer 180 degrees.
3. Open a new document. Open a patterned paper, and on a new layer - use one of Jen Wilson's Bird brushes. With the paper layer selected, hold down the control button on your keyboard, then use the mouse to click on the icon of the brush layer. Click ctrl-c to copy the selection.
4. Go to your layout and click ctrl-v to paste the bird onto your layout.
5. Load the swirl doodle brushes, and have them come from the upper left corner to overlap the bird.
6. Add the star element, the button, & stitches. Save your document.
If you enjoyed today's tutorial, please sign up for our newsletter!!!