Your home is an extension of your personality. It makes a statement about you and those who live with you. You can take your design creativity for digital scrapbooking, and use it to transform your space to let it speak about your individuality. We will show you how all week at Everyday Digital Scrapbooking. Sign up for daily notifications.
Digital Tutorial for Home Decor by Cammy Plummer,
Creative Team MemberClick on image to enlarge
- Create a new document to fit your frame.
- Select a background and add to document.
- Use shapes to arrange ovals and rounded rectangles.
- Lay photos over top and group with shapes (Ctrl + G).
- Add elements and words that will fit the theme.
- Convert photos to black and white for a unified look.
- If your frame is larger than 12 inches long, create the document at 200 dpi to keep your program running quickly. You will still get a crisp, clear print.
Pattern paper: Michelle Colemen, Savoir Faire (red and black);
Michelle Underwood, Live Out Loud (newspaper print)
Heart and flower shapes: Karen Hunt, Funky Doodle Hearts
Star shape: Cammy Plummer
Buttons: Robin Carlton, Fudge Dream Supreme
Keywords: Home Decor, Frame, Hybrid, Family
Digital Tutorial for Home Decor: Photo Coasters
In Adobe Photoshop choose a canvas size of a 1.75" x 2.5" (this matches the size of the Crate & Barrel Coasters)
Add photo. Crop or resize to fit.
Add text and embellishments as required.
Print and insert into vinyl sleeves within the coaster.
“Jazzy dots” by Tracy Ann Robinson available at
Photo Coasters available at:
Crate and Barrel
Adobe Photoshop 7
Keywords: Coasters, Home Decor
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Subscribe for Daily Updates Delivered to Your Inbox (or enter your email into the sidebar box to the right)