Creating a Realistic Flower Embellishment
from a Photo
by Amy Duquette, Creative Team Member
I took some photos of some flowers from my SIL's garden and I thought it would make a GREAT embellishment. With a little help from Photoshop I was able to turn it into a flower button.
1. Open up the photo in Photoshop (or whatever program you prefer)
2. Delete the background and extract the flower from the photo. (I am not going to go into details on HOW to do this step because that is a whole other tutorial)
3. Crop your photo to get rid of the extra white space.
4. Next go to FILTER>SHARPEN>UNSHARP MASK and adjust the settings to improve the detail in the photo without going overboard.
5. Add a button or center of some kind to the flower.
6. Now all you need to do is save it and then add it to your layout!
November Rain Kit - Digi-Mac Designs (Amy Duquette)
Font - You are Loved
Note: If you found interest in any of our recent tutorials, please take a moment to be kind and leave a comment. It really makes our day! Thanks!!!
Mention this ad and get free May Arts Ribbon with your first order at The Shaker Box!