Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Discover the Joy of Creating Your Own Digital Charms


Charming Christmas Charms

Featuring November Sponsor April Staker
By Beth Price, Creative Team Member

One of my favorite things to do is play around with Photoshop Elements 5 filters and styles and see what I can do on my own. So for this holiday layout, I had seen some metal snowflakes in my local scrapbook store, and I wondered if I could add them digitally.
Here is my page with the metal snowflake charm.


Steps to create the charm:
  • I first opened a new file, with transparent background.
  • Then selected a brush I had already purchased earlier, Snowflake Brush kit by Michele Coleman.



  • Open a new layer and create a snowflake, filling with gray.
  • I duplicated the snowflake layer
  • I went to Effects – Styles – Wow Plastic and chose gray plastic style.



  • Then I went to Effects – Styles – Wow Chrome and chose Shiny Edge style.




  • I played around with the settings a little, but clicking on the sunshine icon in the right side of the layer palette next to the snowflake layer.



When I was happy with the effect, I deleted the unused layers and flattened the image, then saved as a .png file for use at any time.



Mention this ad and get free May Arts Ribbon with your first order at The Shaker Box!

No comments: