Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Our Vacation Theme Continues with Clever Luggage Tags


Digital Scrapbooking Tutorial

Introducing New Creative Team Member:

Di Hickman


We've all been at the airports, watching the revolving luggage wondering if this is the case that is ours, well how about a great way to use those supplies and make your tags one of a kind? By making your own luggage tags, using digital and paper supplies!

To start I opened a new document 3.5" wide x 2" high. I opted to use a digital journaling panel, dragging it onto my document and resizing.



I added text (name and address, plus flight # if applicable), I always opt for destination address on the labels, that way if they get lost they at least have a chance of ending up in the right place eventually!



Because the tag is double sided I opted to do another image using the depart and destination airports , using the same digital images.





Shutterfly.com



Once I finish both sides, I printed them out onto white paper, trimmed and mounted onto cardstock (makes it a little sturdier). I then used some luggage tag laminating sheets. These are available in office supply stores, but I got mine at the dollarstore! amazing what you can pick up there!



*Supplies: vintage floral kit by Scrapkit.nl; font: Arial*

Think of children's backpack tags for summer camps! You can put their name, camp name, and group, totally tailor made for each activity or group! The possibilities for these tags are endless.



No comments: