Kid-Friendly Tutorial by
Angela Spangler, Creative Team Member
Cora and I made a quick camera out of a checkbox.
Paper to cover the front part of the checkbox
Paper or foam sheet to make a lens
1. Cover the checkbox with paper. You can print out digital papers and use them for this project.
2. Cut two rectangles out of foil. One is for the flash, and the other is for the viewfinder. Attach them to the front of the camera whereever you like.
3. Attach a button to the top of the camera for the shutter.
4. Cut a piece of foam into a circle for the lens.
5. Let the child decorate until their heart's content.
*Camera craft idea found at about.com*
Please leave feedback for Angela! We work hard to bring you free tutorials! :) Thanks.