I decided to use real jeans in my layout, so I scanned a pair of my daughters jeans.
1. scan the image. The lid wouldn’t close all the way so I used a dark sweater as a cover over the lid to absorb the light.
2. import the scanned image into PSE 5
3. open a new page
4. copy image onto page and begin removing the background around the jeans. I did this using the magic wand, selecting the background color and deleting it. Eventually I used the eraser to get the small areas.
5. when happy with the amount you’ve deleted, choose the background and delete that layer.
6. save the image as a .jpeg file and it can now be used as a digital element on your page.
Note: if you are making digital items for sale, you will not be able to scan a fabric pattern and use it for sale as it would violate copyright infringements.
If you liked this tutorial, please leave a comment for our designer. Come back tomorrow for a brand new scanner tutorial!
Visit Our Sponsor: Suzz' Stuf4U
Visit Our Sponsor: Angela Sharrow