by Maggie Lamarre, Creative Team Member
Papers, tags,ribbons, brads, alphas, word art the Adoption kit by Ronee Pearson @Oscraps.com
Buttons and flower the Organic kit @Dragonflaire.com
Creating realistic elements on lo:
- To have your layout look as realistic as possible use shadows on your elements sparingly and pay attention to the light source: it should be between 120-124.
- There are several ways of using shadows, you can paint the shadow using a brush,layer style or use a filter such as Eye Candy 4or 5 shadowlab to apply the shadow.
- The trick I have learned to using shadows is not to use black, but a dark brown and for each colour choose a darker colour of the same pallette to give it a more realistic shadows.
- On this lo I selected the colours on the button and went a shade darker.
Step by Step:
- Open your graphic software
- open a new layer and place your paper
- add your picture
- select effects if using psp and select shadows
- select the horizontal and vertical at 2 each for a slight shadow, blur at 5.0 and opacity at 40,
- select the shade a bit darker than original and hit ok
- repeat the same pattern for each elements, but choose the colour of that element.
For pictures I usually select a darker brown instead of black.
Have fun, create your ART