Featured Scrapper: Maggie Lamarre
click on images to enlarge please
Maggie's Digital Photoshop Tutorial:
It's very easy to create.
I follow 3 basic rules when creating word art.
- Rule number 1: Use one basic font and one decorative font. Anything over 2 loses it's appeal.
- Rule number 2: Highlight only 3-4 words in a word art and add a very slight shadow of 1 to emphasize the words.
- Rule number 3: Create each sentence on it's own layer.
Detail instructions on how to create a word art:
- First select your quote, you can find quotes at QuoteGarden.com, Twopeasinabucket.com and other sources on the web.
- Open your Graphic program
- Open a layer at 300DPI size at least 2400 if you are using 12x12 LO.
- Select your font and create your first line.
- Select the word you want to emphasize and change your font size then add a slight shadow of 1
- Play around with the placement until you are satisfied.
- Add remaining lines and follow the first step for emphasis.
- Save your layers as PSD or PSP depending on the graphic program.
Other ideas for Word Art:
- you can incorporate frames
- color your fonts
- add textures
Create Your Own Elements
Designing with Fonts
Photoshop Elements PSE