Featured Reader: Audrey Neal
Paper, brushes, jewel: Avacado Toaster kit, Jan Crowley and Meredith Fenwick
Word art: You Name It_Individuality, Jen Wilson Designs
Instructions: (using PSE 2.0)
- Open a new document, 12x12 inches, 300 dpi, white background, RGB color.
- Open wavy lined paper and cut and paste onto new document (or drag and drop).
- Open picture and resize as needed until it covers your entire document.
- Make a duplicate of the photo layer.
- Make sure the bottom photograph is the active layer and change the blend mode to Hard Light. Keep it at 100%.
- Make the top photo the active layer and erase everything but the focal point (in this photo, that is the person in the photo). Use a very large brush to erase the majority of the background and then switch to a smaller brush and zoom in to erase around the outline of the figure.
- Open the jeweled accent and place it over your figure’s face. Apply a drop shadow of 4 to it. Resize until the middle jewel is the size of your figure’s head. Move the accent layer in between the two photo layers.
- Open the word art and place over the top photo layer. Adjust size to fit your liking.
- Open a second photo, apply a stroke (Edit>Stroke>Outer, size 15), and arrange onto layout. Apply drop shadow of 4.
- Open various brushes and place them around the focal point figure and the word art. Save now as a PSD document so that you can make changes later.
- Flatten layers and save as a jpeg.
Photoshop Elements PSE