Wednesday, November 01, 2006

How to Create a Simple Gift that is Sure to Impress: Digital Tutorial

Featured Reader: Shanah Gordon
Tutorial: Personalized Calling Card Gifts
Project posted with permission from designer

Shanah's inspiration in her own words: I had gotten this idea to make calling cards from the Neiman Marcus catalog where they sell these beautiful and VERY pricey calling cards and matching leather holders. I whipped my own version up in a jiffy and have given them as gifts with a holder I purchased at Lillian Vernon or at Neiman Marcus.....or even I've given them as token gifts just on their own.If I give them without a holder I stack them up, put them in a bit of cellophane and I tie them with a coordinating organza or grograin ribbon. Ok, ok...so I use four or five ribbons....I'm like that!!!!!

I think they are great everyone because nowadays we all have so many numbers and places to be reached at. A land phone, a cell phone,an e-mail address, our home address...and the list goes on. I made this version for my daugther (no, it's not her real information!) using a fun and youthful approach.

How to: I sized these 2.5 by 2.5 but you can size them to fit whatever holder you may buy or you can just size them to suit your personal taste. I was able to fit three across and four down on an 8.5 x 11 sheet of photo paper so I got 12 cards for about a dollar (I printed on my home printer).After selecting the papers I felt best suited my daughter, I added a bow and a "real" digital flower, a nice heavy black border and I was done. What fun! They are great stocking stuffers and teacher's gifts when you just need a little something extra that shows some thought and creativity.

Credits:
Papers by Kellie Mize- Party Girl (designerdigitals.com)
Bow by Ronna Penner
Flower by silly bird nut (sbbytes.com)


Additional Inspiration for Calling Cards:

Keywords: Card, Cards, Gift, Gifts, Christmas, Holiday, Gift tags, Christmas, Holiday, Photoshop, PS CS2, CS2, Adobe Photoshop, Advanced, Digital Image Pro DIP, Featured Reader, Paintshop Pro, Photoshop Elements PSE, PS7, Resources, Gift Ideas, beginner, hybrid, Paint Shop Pro, Photoshop, Photoshop Elements, PS7, CS2, Homemade Christmas


Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Subscribe for Daily Updates Delivered to Your Inbox (or enter your email into the sidebar box to the right)

No comments: