Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Ever want to make scrapbooking easier? Use a sketch!

Digital Sketch Tutorial by Martha Treadway,
Creative Team Member
Sometimes it's a daunting task to think about getting your photos scrapped! Especially if you have multiple photos from a special event or photoshoot that you love and want to get on a page. Sometimes we struggle with what design it should be. The placement of the photos or maybe even what elements we want to use. That's where a sketch and/or template could really come in handy!


There are now more sketches than ever to be found! There are even layered templates complete with drop shadows and element ideas or elements themselves that can be purchased very reasonably at most digital scrapping shops. These are all very easy to customize to make it your own as well.




I'll admit I hadn't really used any sketches. I've "scraplifted" or got inspiration from different photo placements or designs but hadn't tried using a actual sketch yet. I decided to see what was out there. I found a sketch I liked for free at Scrapmaps.com http://www.scrap-maps.com/ Then I gathered the photos I wanted to use and the papers. I had a lot of photos from my family's trip to the county fair so I decided to do a 2 page spread. I found this was really easy using the sketch! I stuck pretty close to the original sketch design and just flipped it around for my 2nd page! It was a very easy, super quick way to get my fair photos scrapped! There are lots of sites where you can pick and use sketches for free listed right here on this blog. Just take a look in the sidebar! Also be sure and check out Scrapmaps http://www.scrap-maps.com/ and take a look over at Scrapbookgraphics Studio Matters blog http://www.scrapbookgraphics.com/studiomatters/ They have some wonderful free 2 page templates to get you started! This would also be a really fast and easy way to get a gift album scrapped, just use sketches or templates and 1/2 the work is done for you!


Supplies used were
Zany kit for all papers and elements by Maya of Scrapbookgraphics
8.5x11 sketch from Scrapmaps.com
fonts used were Barber Shop and Arial

Martha Treadway
aka~ Krash

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your sketches and ideas! Getting so much inspiration here, even tho I do paper scrapbooking. Your interpretation of the sketches also really inspires!

Thanks for a great blog.

Anonymous said...

great tutorial!
hey, we have free sketches at www.theshakerbox.com!
come see they are posted every week!!!