Wednesday, November 28, 2007

How To Create Lovely Photo Cards with Word Art



Creating a Gift That Keeps On Giving

for Christmas...


How To
by Maggie Lamarre, Creative Team Member



I drew my inspiration from Sally Keller's gift to her friend seen here.

I was pruning the flowers for Spring when I notice a bunch of Frilitary butterflies in the Garden and I was able to capture these moments..

Let’s begin..
Supplies
  • Set of cards from Michael 4.5" x 5"
  • Cellophane bag
  • Ribbons
  • Trimmer
  • Spray Adhesive
  • Zig pen

Steps
  • I resize the pictures to 3.39x4.5,
  • I created the word art and place each phrase on a layer so I can manipulate them, using the previous posting on the blog on creating word art.
  • Then I formatted the word art to fit on my picture.

Since I wanted to create 25 cards instead of printing at home, I have some tips for you.

  • I open a document 11x17 and
  • drag all the pics the fit 9 to the page and
  • printed at Office Depot for $1.39 a sheet- prices may vary.



Mention this ad and get free May Arts Ribbon with your first order at The Shaker Box!



Finishing Touches
  • I trim the pics leaving 1/8 of an edge
  • I spray then adhere to the card,
  • I use a silver zig pen and trace the edges of the pic to give it a slight frame.

I insert 4 cards to a bag and embellish with ribbon



Voila done
Have fun, create your art!
Maggie


No comments: