Tuesday, June 26, 2007

30-Minute Mini-Album Tips!

Shutterfly.com


Maggie's 6x6 Board Book

By Maggie Lamarre, Creative Team Member


Creating a digital album can be very easy or as elaborate as you want it.

  • The first thing on creating a mini album it should be no more than 4-7 pages.
  • You can follow 1 or two sketches to make it very easy to create an album in less than 30 minutes from start to finish.

Next step are you going to print it? put it in an album?
What would be the finish product?

Before I started I knew I wanted to use a 6x6 board book and also incorporate traditional elements.
To create this project you will need:
Autism digital kit from Sotb.com
Flowers crystal by Jenilyn
Stitches Wendy Page Freebie
Photo Corners Trish Jones
Butterflies, swirls Amber clegg doodles Scrapartist.com
Bent Frame Traci Sims Freebie
Overlay, brads Little black dress kit Dragonflairestudios.com
Board book Imaginations
Adhesive 3L corporation
Cardstock Bazill
Word art Tina Chambers
Dpearson word Art
Brads Karen Foster


Let's get started!
In this album I wanted a very simple album of only 4-6 pages,for my daughter.
I created a sketch for the album that was versatile, that I can flip and rotate.
In this first example, The sketch is with a large frame


The next page I cut the large frame into 2 smaller frames and 1 large frame to the right, it's the same sketch just made minor adjustments.


Tips
When rotating the sketches be aware of the elements used places, meaning if you put a ribbon on top and rotate the sketch now the ribbon is not going to match.
Compare each page to make sure they are balanced.

This next page It's the second set of sketch


Page 4 is left blank for my daughter to include her own journaling.




This page I wanted to leave simple with just a minmum of elements not to upstage the pic.



The last page I left blank for more journaling
After printing I added Karen Forester Sequins brads on each side of the pages.


Voila you are done!

We would luv to see what digital mini album you created don't forget to leave a link here!
Have fun, create your ART

Support This Site


3 comments:

Julie Ann Rachelle Interior Design said...

Lovely work Maggie!

Mindy said...

great book!! :) LOVE YOUR BLOG!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work - thanks for the inspiration! - Gayle