Monday, May 14, 2007

Freestyle 101

Support This Site

Creating Free Style Layouts

Digital Scrapbooking Tutorial by

Susan Rodriguez, Creative Team Member

Susan Rodriguez

I love freestyle and doodled layouts. The funkier the better, at least in my opinion. Today's tutorial features product by our sponsor Kim Hill at CG Essentials.

Lets start by playing with our lasso tool to create some fun cut outs.

Screenshot by Susan Rodriguez for Everyday Digital Scrapbooking

In the example above I just drew a heart with the lasso tool. I then copied and pasted the heart to my background paper. Continue to create more cut outs of different shapes just for fun. FYI, since I don’t own a tablet I just use my mouse to create my shapes.

Screenshot by Susan Rodriguez for Everyday Digital Scrapbooking

In the example above I added some hearts, a star and a background for my picture. But it’s still missing something. I think I’ll take my pencil brush and add in some doodling now. Try using your wet media brushes, they create some really great funky looks. Just play and enjoy the process, and remember if you mess up you can always start over again. Freestyle is just that, you are free to do what you like. I can’t wait to see what you do. Please post a link to your freestyle digi layouts.
Layout by Susan Rodriguez for Everyday Digital ScrapbookingPlease give us feedback! Leave a comment today. :) Shop for Kim Hill goodies.








3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice idea! How fresh!

Anonymous said...

What a fun layout! It compliments the photo perfectly.

Amy Teets said...

Awesome layout!