Flow and the Letter Z
When planning your scrapbook pages, you want to have a "Flow." Your eyes want to travel across the page and find all the beautiful pictures and elements that you so carefully placed.
Creating a layout that roughly follows the letter "Z" gives your eyes a distinct path to follow as they travel across the page.
- In this layout, I wanted the photo to be large so that the expression on their faces was clear.
- I set the photo off center, and placed the title, journaling, and accents so that your eye will start at the top left with the set of 3 brads, and end on the bottom right with another set of 3 brads.
- Notice the movement as you scan throught the layout. The first set of brads gives your eye a starting point, then the title gets you across the page.
- The flower accents then lead you to the photo, where the children are looking in the direction of the next set of flowers.
- From there the journaling leads you to the final set of brads to complete the "path."
Layout: Julie Kelley
Digital papers and elements: Berna Datema
Fonts: Batik, Lithos Pro, Crappy Joe, Pottery Barn, Music DBZ, 7 hours, Jane Austen and Big FIsh Ensemble.