Thursday, January 18, 2007

How to Print Digital Papers at Home to Create Home Decor


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Introducing our first sponsor: Jill D-Zines!
Your ad could appear here too! Details below.





Layout created with our sponsor's kit
by Julie Ann Shahin
Additional credits: Journaling tag by Jen Wilson Designs; Inked edge by Jan Crowley

Advertising Details
I am looking for a way to compensate the talented ladies on my Everyday Digital Team. Since I do not have a store nor do I design kits, I am looking for advertisers.

Digital Kit Designers: In exchange for a month of free advertising space on the blog, I would ask that you send a full-digital kit worth $15 to each of my team members (total number of 10 which includes a monthly guest member.) You would get triple exposure with space on my blog, the designers could use your kits, and you would have a space in the weekly newsletter for 4 weeks.

If you are not a digital kit designer and would like to consider advertising with us, please contact me for payment details.


Please contact me at thedigitalproject@gmail.com
I will give you the space size at that time.
There is also a cash option if you are unable to compensate with digital kits.

ETA: Your kit is subject to approval by me.

Thank you,
Julie Ann Shahin, Founder/Editor Everyday Digital



Home Decor Tutorial by Maggie Lamarre,
Creative Team Member
The main question I get asked as a Digital Artist is what do you do with your lo's?

I usually save them on disk and turn them into slide shows or incorporate them

into flip album and give as Digital album.
Lately I have been printing my lo into album and home decor.

Here are a few tips to get you going.
First before starting any printing project I strongly recommend following

the mfg guidelines to clean the cartridges.
Sometimes after having the cartridges in the printer for a prolong period of time

they will get clogged. Cleaning the cartridges and self test the printer will insure a happy ending.
I suggest printing 1 test page of your lo in draft mode to proof it before printing the project.
Select the correct paper for the project in the printer window, i.e. cardstock and photo paper. Another important thing is to follow the mfg recommended weight for paper as well. Having the wrong weight will produce paper jams.
Once a month I turn my printer upside down to make sure nothing has fallen into it or there's no little pieces of paper sticking in there.


Supply list used

Paper Antique_Flaminco, Antique_Env, Tag Antique kit@Dragonflaire.com

Charm is by KI memories, ribbon Joann Fabric

Instructions

I measured the candle width and height.

Printed the first paper full width and height

Printed the second 2/3

Printed the accent piece 1/2

I tear the papers then glued

Addhere the ribbon add the tag and ink the edges using Tim Holtz distress Ink Vintage photo.

Added the charm to the tag.
Voila!
Have fun create your ART!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - Julie - Thank you so much for including my kit as well as the banner ad! It looks great and I really appreciate the opportunity! I've given links for your blog to several people, and every one of them has said they really liked it, and what a fabulous resource it is! (I know it will be a new regular stop for me!) :)

Thanks again!
Jill

Lynnea Morgan said...

Really good home decor site for finding unique and modern home decor for your home. Also great photography provided by nicole evans photography that may just inspire your home decor design tips! Check it out, the site www.randomhousegifts.com will be available for viewing at the end of February 2007.